Sts Peter & Paul, 155 Moutere Hwy, Richmond 7081
A Church was erected at Waimea West and opened on 8th December 1855. With the passage of time the condition of the Church deteriorated and in 1889 it was pulled down and a new one erected on the same site, where it remains today. In 1935 Waimea West became part of the newly created Parish of Motueka and was then administered by Diocesan clergy, with Fr. E Carmine as the first Parish Priest. In 1950 Fr. M Bradford was appointed Parish Priest of Motueka, which began an 18-year association with this area. Waimea West remained in the Motueka Parish until the Richmond Parish was formed.
In latter years Mass has been celebrated according to circumstances, currently on the 4th Saturday of every month at 5.00 pm. This fulfills the expressed wish of the will of Miss Emma Ann O'Connor who endowed the Parish generously for the maintenance of the Church and graveyard.
The Church is on the corner of Waimea West Road and Moutere Highway.
Sunday Mass Times (Vigil):
Saturday (vigil) 5.00 pm on 4th Saturday of the month.
Next Mass - to be advised
Sandra Westbury 03 544 0118
Present and past parishioners may apply to pre-purchase a burial plot at Waimea West. To apply, please complete the attached form and email it to our Parish Administrator at email@example.com
Costs of burial plots are listed on the 'Property Charges' page under the 'Other' tab on this website.